Let us now take a look at the challenges faced by the Release & Deployment Management process as well as the Metrics we can use to measure its effectiveness.
Challenges in Release & Deployment Management:
The challenges that organizations will face when defining the right policies and implementing effective Release and Deployment include:
• Establishing standard performance metrics for all transitions
• Dealing with inaccurate project or supplier delivery dates
• Understanding all the stakeholder perspectives
• Understanding the risks
• Taking a pragmatic approach to the challenges of delivery.
Metrics used in Release & Deployment Management
The following are some of the key metrics for assessing the effectiveness of the process:
• The variance in service performance against that required by customers (should be minimal and reducing).
• The number of Incidents recorded against the service (should be low and reducing).
• Increased customer and user satisfaction with the services delivered.
• Reduced customer dissatisfaction caused by poorly tested and deployed services.
• Reduced Incidents and Problems in deployment and production.
• Reduced discrepancies between the registered data in the CMS and the real world.
Prev: Basic Steps in Release & Deployment Process
Next: Role of a Release & Deployment Manager