In the previous chapter, we learnt what IT Service Continuity Management is. Now, let us learn the goals, purpose and objectives of this process.
Goal of IT Service Continuity Management:
The goal of ITSCM is to support Business Continuity Management by ensuring that the IT resources, systems and services can be reinstated within agreed timescales in the event of a major incident.
Purpose of IT Service Continuity Management
The purpose of ITSCM is to create and maintain the facilities and recovery capabilities needed to support this goal.
Objectives of IT Service Continuity Management
The objectives of ITSCM are:
• To create and maintain the IT Service Continuity Plans and recovery plans
• To carry out regular Business Impact Analysis (BIA) exercises to ensure that the plans remain aligned with changing business requirements
• To carry out regular Risk Analysis and Management exercises to determine the potential for failure and identify and implement appropriate responses that meet agreed business continuity targets
• To assess the impact of changes and take appropriate action to continue to provide the required level of protection
• To ensure that the appropriate third-party contracts and agreements are in place and kept up to date to maintain the continuity and recovery plans
• To proactively enhance recovery capabilities where it is cost-effective to do so
• To provide advice and guidance on continuity and recovery-related issues.
Prev: Introduction to ITSCM
Next: More on ITSCM