In the previous chapter, we learnt what Availability Management is. In this chapter, we are going to learn the goals, purpose and objectives of Availability Management
Goal of Availability Management:
The goal of Availability Management is to ensure that service availability matches business needs cost-effectively.
Purpose of Availability Management:
The purpose of Availability Management is to provide a focal point and management responsibility for all availability-related activities in respect of both resources and services.
Objectives of Availability Management:
The primary objectives for the process are:
• To prepare and maintain the Availability Plan;
• To monitor availability levels and the status of resources and services to identify potential and actual availability issues and prevent or minimize any consequent business interruptions;
• To manage the availability of services and resources to meet agreed service levels;
• To assist with the investigation and resolution of availability-related Incidents and Problems;
• To assess the impact of changes on availability levels and plans;
• To proactively improve availability where the cost is justified.
Prev: Introduction to Availability Management
Next: Impact of Component Availability on Service Availability