Metrics should be put in place to measure the effectiveness and the efficiency of the Problem Management process. Some commonly used metrics would be:
• The percentage of Problems resolved within the timescales set out in the SLAThe actual number of Problems identified during a period is useful to give an indication of the scale of issues and the resources required, but on its own it is not a measure of the effectiveness or efficiency of the process.
• The average cost of resolving a Problem
• The percentage of Major Problems where Major Problem Reviews have been carried out
• The percentage of actions from completed Major Problem Reviews that have been completed
• The number of Known Errors identified.
Prev: Problem Solving Techniques
Next: Challenges in Problem Management