To one extent or another, all other processes interface with Security Management.
Information Security Management is a key contributor to Availability Management because without the right level of protection, the availability and integrity of data and systems is compromised.
The Service Desk usually has the authority to respond to requests for changes to access rights and passwords and therefore contributes to the operational management of security.
Other process interfaces are with:
• Incident and Problem Management - response to and resolution of security-related issues
• IT Service Continuity Management - a design consideration and a risk during testing
• Change Management - impact assessment on security controls
• Configuration Management - assistance with security classification for CIs
• Capacity Management - when introducing new technology
• Supplier Management - to ensure maintenance of security controls for operational activities carried out by third parties
Prev: IT Security Manager
Next: Introduction to Access Management