The Availability Manager is responsible for ensuring that the goals and objectives of the Availability Management process are met.
His Major Responsibilities would be:
• Ensuring Service Levels in respect of availability are met for all current and new services
• Responding to availability related Incidents and Problems
• Ensuring that appropriate Configuration Items and services are monitored for availability through Event Management
• Specifying appropriate levels of component reliability, maintainability and serviceability
• Reporting availability performance against service levels
• Creating and maintaining the Availability Plan
• The continual improvement of the Availability Management process
• Cost-justifying availability requirements with Financial Management
• Attending Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings as required and assessing requests for change for their impact on availability.
Prev: Availability Management Techniques
Next: Metrics used in Availability Management